GWorkspace 0.8.8 is out! Many thanks to all those who helped with testing or contributed with patches.
GWorkspace is GNUstep's standard workspace manager.
Among the improvements:
- the GWMetadata subproject is now controlled by a configure option. This means
that sqlite is no longer a hard dependency if live folders and search
functionality is not desired. It also means that if selected, it will be really
configured, built and installed (up to now it was manual).
- portability issues fixed (SPARC crashes, HURD constants)
- builds on Windows (MinGW)
- clean-ups and updates in the build system
- extensive warning fixing and code clean-up (like header imports)
- use standard classes and functions (NSProgressIndicator, info panel...)
- improved terminal services interface and interaction
- improvements with the detection of optional PDFkit for the PDF contents inspector
The compulsory screenshot shows GWorkspace running with the Neos theme from GAP.