I'm happy to announce that yesterday the GNUstep Application Project released version 1.4 of Zipper. It was adopted by GAP in accordance with the original author and the license changed to GPL v2.
Zipper is an archive tool which allow viewing of various formats and creation of tarball (with GWorkspace Service).
What's new in this 1.4 release
- First version released by GAP
- Interface redone in Gorm
- Extensive fixes to BSD tar support
- Bug fixes in the handling of archiver outputs, options and dates
- Portability fixes and crash fixes
- Updated infrastructure to current GNUstep make and runtime
- Macintosh port (to prove portability)
Where to find it?
In the GAP project: http://gap.nongnu.org/zipper/index.html
Many thanks to Sebastian Reitenbach who contacted the original Author, Dirk Olmes, to make the move and who with Philippe Roussel helped during tested and debugging sessions